Welcome to the Bethel High School Science department website. This site provides course-specific information related to each sub-department of physical science, biology, chemistry and physics. Teacher-specific course information can be found at each teacher's Moodle page, as well as their respective course syllabi. Student progress and assessment results are found at the Power Teacher parent portal.
The Bethel High Science department strives for high standards in conjunction with the school's mission statement to develop life-long learners who are independent, critical thinkers.
In addition to mastering the necessary science concepts aligned to state standards, as well as meeting CAPT requirements, BHS students are expected to:
- Use listening and speaking skills to communicate effectively.
- Think critically using problem-solving skills in a variety of situations to meet life's challenges.
- Read effectively for a variety of purposes using diverse media.
- Employ technology effectively and responsibly to facilitate learning, research, and communication.
- Write effectively for a variety of purposes and audiences.
The Science department offers many options for coursework that fits the needs of all students and accommodates all levels of learners. These various programs of study prepare students not only for college science, but also for the workplace and many of life's challenges.